homestead - Re: [Homestead] sorghum

  • From: Shepperd <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] sorghum
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 13:38:16 -0500

At 12:34 PM 11/1/2008, EarthNSky wrote:
Ron drinks way too much sweet tea. I made a gallon of tea a day, yet in
that gallon, there is 1.5 cups sugar. He used to put 2.5 cups sugar in
it, but I have slowly scaled him back. (I don't think sweet tea) Would
something like agave nectar be a good substitute, or would it change the
tea's taste too much? I've seen the cans at the store.

Bev,

We use agave nectar in tea, although I prefer unsweetened tea. In my opinion, the agave is not noticeable, but my daughter says that she can taste the difference between agave and sugar. She likes agave and has been experimenting with it in her pastry business.

Jerry S.

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
-- Confucius

He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.
-- Epictetus

Life is not a March; it is Rock and Roll.

It's never crowded along the extra mile.
-- Wayne Dyer