homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 02:04:51 EDT

> >I don't mean to really doubt you on this, but how can you tell that the
> illegals are leaving? What do I look for to see that trend here?

First, and no mistake, I say this with some regret. I have very much liked
the Mexicans (and others) and I am not entirely glad to see them go.

My neighbors who have farms and businesses refurbed every old house and
trailer as Hispanic residence so they would have a place to live while they
worked
in the businesses. Logging, construction, and farming mainly. Those places
are empty now. Used to be, not very long ago, that one could stop in for a
'copita' or a 'cuento' but no more. To the inquiries of "Where's Victor,
where's
Ramon?" the reply is "Mexico, Guatemala, or Quien Sabe?"

One heard a continuous patois of Spanish at the Mart and the local fried
chicken place. Not very much any more.

These observations only reinforce the published statistics that an exodus is
underway. In many ways, 'Que lastima,' it's a pity. It was never
economically so sociologically sound and that is proving out in the end. But
a 'lastima'
none the less.