homestead - Re: [Homestead] I know I can't be a Yankee..

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I know I can't be a Yankee..
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:09:52 -0400

On Oct 28, 2008, at 6:56 PM, bob ford wrote:

If it's that bad in NY, I'll bet Susan is in a real storm up in maine. Do you just have firewood for heat?

Yes, the front porch is half full, and the bulk of our wood is nice and dry in the barn.

I remember you posting pics when you moved. you have a very large farmhouse.

It's kinda spread out, and fortunately, we only need to heat the middle part.

Does it have one of those big basement furnaces? ...

No. We have a somewhat fancy wood stove in the living room. Made with soapstone. Not one of those fancy newer (catalytic ?) ones, but it heats very nicely. (there is also an oil furnace.

I am about to stuff it with wood and go to bed. All the dogs are sleeping more or less near the stove.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.