homestead - Re: [Homestead] Early voting

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Early voting
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:31:44 -0400

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:
> And best of all, it allows people to vote in numerous precincts and even
> states, since ID is rarely taken.

We don't have early voting in PA (except absentee). When we first moved
here, we had to show IDs. Now we rarely do because at least one of the
poll workers knows me. They have a precinct book of eligible voters, and
check off your name and have you sign when you come in to vote. If your
name isn't in the book, it attracts a LOT of attention. I only saw it
happen once...every poll worker gathered around, tsk-tsking about it. I
don't know how they finally resolved it. In fact, it worked the same way
when I lived in Philadelphia...if you weren't in the precinct book, you
had a lot of convincing to do before you would be allowed to vote.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

When your life is on the go—take your life with you.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/