homestead - Re: [Homestead] Palin going rogue ?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Palin going rogue ?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:55:06 -0400

Polls mean nothing right now. You have to read/see both sides of the
story, and more importantly, BELIEVE BOTH sides to have truth to them.
If I only read CNN and stuff like the NYT/Washington Post, I would only
see one side, the side that thinks Obama has this totally wrapped up and
that Palin is 'increasingly' unpopular. If I read the AP/Fox sites, I
see a much closer race with the Republicans catching up, and Palin
increasing in popularity, drawing more crowds than McCain himself.

I was thinking earlier that come election day, if one side wins by a
very small margin, there could be trouble, but that is why people need
to read both sides of an issue, because if you only see a race from one
perspective, you may not be in the right place to see the finish line,
and if it becomes a photo finish, and you aren't in the right place,
you're screwed and you will feel ripped off. If you go into Election
day thinking Obama is double digits ahead and he isn't, then you will be
surprised when the results come back, and visa versa. If you read many
sources, you start to see the big picture-momentum of a
candidate-impressions by voters-possible ballot issues, etc. etc.
It ain't over until it is over, and maybe not even then. :)

I've thought a lot about this early voting stuff. At first, I was
totally against it, but now I think it might be a good way to work out
the kinks and discover problems, while there is still time to correct
them. There are so many problems right now, from improper ballot
circles to fraudulent sign ups to flippin' machines...hopefully all of
the bugs will be out of the system before election day proper.