homestead - Re: [Homestead] Palin going rogue ?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Palin going rogue ?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:46:06 -0400

Also, if you listen to Fox, her popularity seems to be increasing. She
can surely take a punch and like Timex, keeps on ticking. She does seem
more relaxed recently, don't you think? I also think she may be eyeing
2012, though.
I disagree about the body language thing. Lately there has been smack
talk about McCain having been twitterpated by Palin in Arizona and that
was why he picked her. Given that, I can see them distancing from each
other. Make of that what you will, but I think it is sexist to assume
such. Had Obama and Biden been sitting on a bench talking by the lake
in Chicago, do you think people would assume there was hanky panky?
Nope. So, I don't believe there was anything going on, but
nevertheless, they are probably acting uber-professional and not touchy
feely. Recall that there were all kinds of meetings to determine how
Ferrarro should be physically handled. Hugs were out.. This is one of
those issues that will take some time to settle out. If Palin was not
"hot"-if she looked more like Condoleeza Rice, we wouldn't even be
talking about this. You just don't want to give the enemy any more ammo
on things like this.

Bev

Marie McHarry wrote:
I still think this race could be won by either side, but I'm betting that Palin is reading the signs, figuring that her ticket is cooked, and is planning ahead for 2012 when she can run at the head of her
own ticket. In the most recent interviews, the body language between McCain and Palin pretty much demonstrated that they don't care much for one another.

Marie

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda