homestead - [Homestead] Palin going rogue ?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Palin going rogue ?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 14:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

Palin allies report rising campaign tension

"Four Republicans close to Palin said she has decided increasingly to
disregard the advice of the former Bush aides tasked to handle her, creating
occasionally tense situations as she travels the country with them. "

"A number of Gov. Palin's staff have not had her best interests at heart, and
they have not had the campaign's best interests at heart," the McCain insider
fumed, noting that Wallace left an executive job at CBS to join the campaign.
"

"Her strategy was to be trustworthy and a team player during the convention
and thereafter, but she felt completely mismanaged and mishandled and ill
advised," the person said. "Recently, she's gone from relying on McCain
advisers who were assigned to her to relying on her own instincts."

"Reporters really began to notice the change last Sunday, when Palin strolled
over to a local television crew in Colorado Springs.
"Get Tracey," a staffer called out, according to The New York Times,
summoning spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt, who reportedly "tried several times to
cut it off with a terse 'Thank you!' in between questions, to no avail." The
moment may have caused ulcers in some precincts of the McCain campaign, but
it was an account Palin's admirers in Washington cheered. "

" But in an interview with the conservative radio host Glenn Beck earlier
this week, Palin went "off the reservation" to make the campaign policy, one
aide said.

"I say, you know, when is enough enough of taxpayer dollars being thrown into
this bill out there?" she asked. "This next one of the Democrats being
proposed should be very, very concerning to all Americans because to me it
sends a message that $700 billion bailout, maybe that was just the tip of the
iceberg. No, you know, we were told when we've got to be believing if we have
enough elected officials who are going to be standing strong on fiscal
conservative principles and free enterprise and we have to believe that there
are enough of those elected officials to say, 'No, OK, that's enough.'"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081025/pl_politico/14929