homestead - Re: [Homestead] No Shoes for Eddie Mitchell

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] No Shoes for Eddie Mitchell
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:30:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 10/10/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> That sounds wonderful! I am glad you had such a great
> friend.
> Speaking of books and boxcars, did anyone ever read _The
> Boxcar
> Children_ when they were kids? I loved those books,
> fantasized about
> living that way. Maybe they influenced my homesteading
> desires.

I read the Boxcar Children and sure it influenced my choices.
I also was fascinated by deserted island stories.. Robinson Crusau.. Swiss
family Robinson.. Mysterious Island.. Kind of like puzzle solving to
imagine that if we were in such a place to imagine what kind of resources
would be needed, would you recognize them, and how you would utilize?
Van Dell