homestead - Re: [Homestead] Why I'm Voting Democrat.

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Why I'm Voting Democrat.
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:21:38 -0400

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:35 AM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lisa. you are much younger than I thought, if you believe our problems
> today even come close to the problems of the Carter years ('including'
> homelessness). I believe, especially with democrats controlling 'all'
> power, in a few weeks; that things will eventually be much worse than the
> Carter years (G-d help us); but we certainly are not there yet.....bobford

Bob, I am vintage 1962, for what it's worth. Thanks. ;) I fully believe and
wish I did not, that all holy h*ll is about to break loose for several
reasons. I think we're all in for a world of hurt for a very long time. It's
crappy to think this way, especially on a gorgeous Autumn day.

Bought more quart canning jars and 4x the number of lids today after going
to a nearby pumpkin farm for a hay ride outing with our live-in individual
and our local group of foster care providers and live-in individuals. Oh, we
had fun! Four of us attended so we came home with four more big pumpkins (to
be canned), they were included in the price of admission. Will put my food
strainer with pumpkin screen to the test in the next few weeks.

We have lots of canning jars but I have the feeling that down the road--in
09 and beyond--that we'll want more, so I keep acquiring them. I have this
vision in my head, a memory actually, of my Grandma Van Meter's full canning
storage room in their farmhouse basement in IN. It never occurred to me
until now, but that might be what I'm aiming to do.

lkvp