homestead - Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:52:52 -0400

The prices we will pay are the inflation you mentioned, and the decline of
the dollar. Housing prices will not recover for many years if ever. A
lower stock market will hinder business development. The interest on the
huge and ever growing national debt will hinder many government programs and
when it is time to pay back social security there will not be the will to
raise taxes.

The flow of monies to energy producing countries will continue to be a drag
and the return flow of investments will slow as investors become more wary
of our stability. The flow of monies to eastern manufacturing will slow as
the cost of transportation increases but the money to replace it with
domestic production may not be available.

Meanwhile full productivity will be hamstrung by high energy prices driven
by peak oil. Any attempt to build out an alternate energy system will be
made more expensive by ever increasing energy prices and government help
will be restricted by the above mentioned interest payments. I am not so
sure about a crash but I do see a slow and irreversible decline.

Don Bowen KI6DIU