homestead - Re: [Homestead] It depends on whose ox is being gored.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It depends on whose ox is being gored.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:44:20 -0700 (PDT)

That is something else I don't know how to answer. If we had no debt (used
no credit) there would be no money. Our economic system is built on debt.

I don't know about where you are from in Wisconsin or how it is in Missouri.
But, in alot of places, a man graduates high school, and , if he doesn't go
to college, he trys to get a good job. He borrows to buy a car to go to
work.

He meets a girl, gets married and they borrow to buy a house. Those are the
two largest expenditures in most people's lives; and for most people, just
those two things keep them in debt for most of thweir lives. And that doesn't
include the debt from raising children, their college, doc bills , etc.

If the young man went to college, it would only be slightly differnt. He
might have a better paying job and marry a couple of years later, but still
living in debt pretty much for ever.

That is the system, and it isn't right when people who played by the rules
of that system are screwd over by people who cheated ....bobford