homestead - Re: [Homestead] It depends on whose ox is being gored.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It depends on whose ox is being gored.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:57:20 -0700 (PDT)

Gene, I'm not smart enough to give you a proper answer. I do like the
consumption tax idea that many libertarian types have proposed. It would
have to work in such a way that poor and working poor are not penalized while
buying food, and other necessary staples.

The fact is that the Constitution does not necessitate many of those
things. If we are going to provide those type things for the common good,
then we need honest, forthright people, with the countries best interest in
mind. We should not be in unconstitutional wars; really, there are a lot of
things we, as a nation, should not be doing.

We don't need any more "I'm going to reach across the aisle; I'm going to
solve all of your problems" type politicians.

We need some people who will do like Jesus did at his synagogue. He took a
whip and chased all of the G-d d*amn moneychangers, away; Then he turned over
their sales booths and messed up their business. That is the kind of
politicians we need. ....bobford