homestead - Re: [Homestead] Osage Orange

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Osage Orange
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:25:34 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Oct 14, 2008, at 7:48 PM, EarthNSky wrote:l
I figured after 15-20 years, I should have some good fenceposts.

You could not pay me to reduce Osage Orange trees to posts.

Before you get any further into this, do so yourself. I recommend heavy leather clothes, welder's goggles, welder's gloves and a hard hat. Have skin disinfectant and pain pills close at hand.

So, are you saying this is easier said than done? hehe
Seriously, is it that big of a pain, worse than locust?
--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan