homestead - Re: [Homestead] Apple harvest

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Apple harvest
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:59:19 EDT

Arkansas Black also make good Apple Cider, and of course Apple Jack.....
growing up in Michigan, I really do miss the apple harvest season. I wish I
lived further north in Georgia and could grow more apples than the ones I
have
now. We used to make huge batches of apple pie filling and can that too, half
of
those jars never made it into pies or cobbler, we kids would just sneak the
jars out and eat them. My grandmother also made hundreds of apple cookies
and
would freeze them.

Drew

In a message dated 10/12/2008 10:43:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,