homestead - Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:10:17 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:
Hey Drew, do you realize that here in GA, no id is required to vote absentee? Talk about a situation ripe for abuse, and I do believe that is where most fraud occurs..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/19/AR2006091901382.html

I forgot to add...the photo ID requirement was shot down by the Democrats, specifically former governor Roy Barnes, allegedly to make it easier for those 'non-drivers' to vote. What seems like good anti-fraud sense to me, requiring a photo ID to vote, was called "sinister" by Barnes. <Bev rolls eyes> I know this guy, too. His daughter Carla and I were classmates in school. At that time, he was just a state senator, and he was always at the high school. Roy was probably the richest person in Mableton at the time-we always built our homecoming floats at his house. When I ran (and won) for class Treasurer, Carla was President and of course, we had a little pep talk about campaigning from Roy. Big woop....

Bev

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan