homestead - Re: [Homestead] Elitist bastards

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Elitist bastards
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:42:57 -0400

"Every other single person I know in
that area and all their wonderful alternative goings on are all supported by
grants. "

Well James, you are right about the grant thing, but my friends are not in
those circles. For the most part they are independent farmers and gardeners
just like this group. While I have not met anyone on I-40 like your friend,
I do meet, on a weekly basis, my native neighbors riding in their horse draw
wagons, greeting me with their beer cans in hand and a confederate flag on
the wagon someplace. My one wish, before I die in my chosen state of TN, is
to meet someone from here who will not say to me "you're not from here are
you? :))))) Then again Greene County is an entity all unto itself....ask
anyone who lives in a bordering county. All my neighbors are great, mind
their own business, keep their dogs on their own property, but are always
willing to help if the need arises.
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6