homestead - Re: [Homestead] What if OBama

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What if OBama
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 23:09:26 -0500

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:13 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:
>>> When someone uses Obama's middle name it is a signal to me that they
>> are trying to paint him with an unpatriotic color.
>
> When someone objects to the use of Obama's middle name, it is a signal to me
> that they are trying to hide or ignore some of the stark realities about the
> man. </HTML>

Really? His father, who he barely knew (but for whom he was named),
figured only briefly in his life. His grandparents more or less raised
him. What's to hide? His Muslim stepfather registered him as a Muslim
at a public school when he was a small child. By the time he was 10 or
so he was back in Hawaii with Gram and Gramp. This makes
indoctrination into the Muslim religion unlikely.

But say he did convert to Islam. Is this a big deal? Same God as the
Jews and Christians, with a different slant. Most Muslims either like
us fine or don't give a rat's behind as to what we do.

I firmly believe that anyone who believe that Obama is a walking
cluster of Islamic Jihad has had way too much Kool Aid (and lots of
tin foil hats). He's just another politcian who may be more blessed
than others.

Marie