homestead - Re: [Homestead] Draft Animals

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Draft Animals
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 07:14:16 EDT

Rob -
Your question is the first post on this subject, and I haven't investigated
the subsequent replies. I think you'll probably end up with James as the
knowledge-giver on this thread.
Everyone one the list will no doubt snicker and guffaw at my future posts
when I reveal the following.
In the 1950's, when I was a teenager, the concept of the 'camper' -
precursor to the RV - was introduced, and the dream of 'life on the road' ate
at my
soul until I couldn't stand it.
Well, enter husband and kids and a rather sedentary life - but the dream
still lived.
I have had to temper that dream now, and it has boiled itself down almost
into survival mode.
I have gone to the trouble now of finding out whether or not a draft horse
could pull a small RV - sans engine, in these days of looking forward to no
oil
- and I am told that yes, it could be done.
Am I crazy?
Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 10/4/2008 6:46:52 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,