homestead - Re: [Homestead] Throwing the Gun

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Throwing the Gun
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 13:24:09 -0400

bob ford wrote:

> I can not find a reason to think the bail-out is good for the country. I
> agree with you it won't work. I'm just afraid that things are going to
> become unimaginably complicated.

I don't see anything good about the bailout either, Bob. Letting the
economy collapse isn't good, either, but at least it wouldn't waste
$700B that we don't have and reward the people who put us here. There's
going to be interesting times, however you slice it.

I do disagree about things getting "unimaginably complicated". To me,
the world of Wall Street, with imaginary money, hedging this and
leveraging that, being rich (on paper) one second and poor (on paper)
the next is "unimaginably complicated". Inflation, unemployment, needing
money to pay the bills is all pretty simple.

Lynn Wigglesworth