homestead - Re: [Homestead] Throwing the Gun

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Throwing the Gun
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 09:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

I see your point James. But, using your example, I'd say that if the hotel
shuts down, the lazy manager is only one person to lose their job. The
auditor, the clerks, the diswashers and maids, the cooks. and the carpenter
and groundskeeper lose most. And the banker, the broker, and the market
player will simply find another hotel in which to stay.

I can not find a reason to think the bail-out is good for the country. I
agree with you it won't work. I'm just afraid that things are going to
become unimaginably complicated.

If I remember correctly (and with my memory, I might not), in Leviathon, Hume
stated that life was short, hard , and brutish. I'm afraid we might be about
to witness 'brutish' ....bobofrd