homestead - Re: [Homestead] Throwing the Gun

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Throwing the Gun
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 12:53:12 -0400

In this particular case, the clerks, dishwashers, maids, cooks, carpenters, and groundskeeper are probably all illegal aliens. They can go home. The auditor has other clients.
Wendy

I see your point James. But, using your example, I'd say that if the hotel shuts down, the lazy manager is only one person to lose their job. The auditor, the clerks, the diswashers and maids, the cooks. and the carpenter and groundskeeper lose most. And the banker, the broker, and the market player will simply find another hotel in which to stay.

I can not find a reason to think the bail-out is good for the country. I agree with you it won't work. I'm just afraid that things are going to become unimaginably complicated.

If I remember correctly (and with my memory, I might not), in Leviathon, Hume stated that life was short, hard , and brutish. I'm afraid we might be about to witness 'brutish' ....bobofrd