homestead - Re: [Homestead] supplements dont work for arthritis

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] supplements dont work for arthritis
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:27:56 EDT

> >We need a survey. Let allocate, what, ten million dollars? More?

I'll drink to that. Best gin, of course, is made with sloe berries.

----------------------

The Devotee

Once a devotee made a vow that he would find God and to that end he renounced
the world and all that was in it.

As he made his way through life as a self-denying mendicant, he came across
jolly companions sharing a tankard of ale. They urged him to join them and
porffered a brimming tankard. He held up his hand in protest and left their
company.

He came on a minstral who bade him sit a while from this troubles and listen
to his harp. But the devotee arose and headed to the wilderness.

On his way he saw the sloe-eyed maidens glancing his way and smiling. But he
turned away, resolute, and left them behind.

After many, many years, bent and old and utterly spent, at at the very end of
his life, while he was meditating with his last strength .... God appeared to
him.

"God, I see You at last. But why only now. Did I not dedicate my life to
finding You? Whey did You not tell me of Your presence before this?"

And God replied:
"Damn fool, didn't I send you jolly companions with brown ale, minstrals with
harpsong, and sloe-eyed maidens!"

(How's that for a cure for arthritis) </HTML>