homestead - Re: [Homestead] supplements dont work for arthritis

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] supplements dont work for arthritis
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:48:26 -0500

An old timer electrician here whose income is dependent on his hands had arthritis so bad he almost had to give up his business. His hands would swell and he couldn't crawl around anymore. He had exhausted his pharmaceutical possibilities. Another old timer friend told him he had completely gotten rid of his by soaking raisins in gin (there was a certain brand recommended) and eating 9 raisins each day. The electrician finally broke down and tried it and told me his arthritis went away after a month of eating them, and he'd been taking them for six months and had no further problem. His doctor was amazed. This guy is really a normal good 'ol boy, so I have no reason to doubt him. I am starting to get a little in my hands so I thought I might try it. Sounds like the alcohol may be helping to release some chemical in the fruit. I'm allergic to shellfish, so I could never take glucosamine or chondroitin anyway.--Sage

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:31:31 -0700 (PDT)