homestead - Re: [Homestead] supplements dont work for arthritis

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] supplements dont work for arthritis
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:12:45 -0400

Please excuse my using Roy's account to answer, I am having difficulties with my laptop.

I agree with Lynda that I've had real luck with MSM and older animals, especially if I feed it with fish oil. (Es!) It is currently keeping my older working dog completely gimp free, where she was starting to develop a little hitch in her get-along, and my poor arthritic old floor mop corgi who was near crippled with arthritis in her shoulders has been good since I started her on it too.

I've used it with countless horses.

When it fails, and it does, eventually, I've had even better luck with injectable synovial fluid and I seem to recall that I recently heard the FDA has made it or is about to make it available for humans. I'd do Roy's knees and thumb in a shot, if it were available. One shot and you're good to go and comfy for up to a year or so.

I once used topical MSM on Roy and he had a skin reaction so I've been reluctant to feed him the stuff. Maybe I need to start making besotted raisins, though. What sort of gin was it?

Moon