homestead - Re: [Homestead] Simplified life ?

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Simplified life ?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:10:06 -0400

Who on this list would happily wash clothes by hand?

Well back in the olden days when I was married and there were three kids I
did wash by hand. We had 5 acres in North Wisconsin and vacationed there a
total of five weeks a year. We used two washtubs and found an attatachable
hand wringer and did all our laundry. Since I live alone now I think it
would be possible to do it for myself. I have the expertise, just would have
to find another wringer! Happily.......??????????
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6