homestead - Re: [Homestead] Simplified life ?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Simplified life ?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:39:48 -0800

Eeeuuuuu! I hate, I mean HATE dishwashers!!!! <g> In fact, we have a brand new one sitting in the kitchen that is going to be sold here real quick! I have absolutely no use for dishwashers whatsoever.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <eureka AT hctc.net>

Actually, I happily washed clothes by hand for two decades
in Austin, after someone tried to break my arm in a
washateria over the use of a washer. I stomped my clothes
like grapes in the bathtub with Dr. Bronners soap and hung
them on a line. I did miss the dryer. Urban varmints would
eat the armpits out of my tees if left on the line too
long, and the hot sun would fade one half of my socks,
etc. I could go back to this. What I would hate to live
without is the DISHWASHER.