homestead - Re: [Homestead] Firewood

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Firewood
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:14:51 -0400

> I'd gotten curious after your last post and found a couple of pics to
> check out: this is from a NCU publication a visiting Tidewater VA
> friend of mine had; she graciously typed it out and sent it to me. I've
> been hanging onto it in case the subject came up again (I'll always
> 'talk bugs' but not sure anybody else interested!).

Thanks. Sawyers are the bug were talking. your last post (and Gene's
"get out there and see what it is" post) peaked my curiosity. One
thing about moving so far to homestead is that you run across lots of
new insects, plants, etc.

> I googled "southern pine sawyer" in Google Images and there are a couple
> of photos of grubs and bunches of the adults.

I did the same and that's my bug. I'll do some research on them later.
IT's hard when you know what something looks like, but don't know the
name to google it!

Rob - Va