homestead - Re: [Homestead] our prez-Nuclayer, nuclear, or just nuke the whole damn thing.

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] our prez-Nuclayer, nuclear, or just nuke the whole damn thing.
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:35:51 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/2008 5:26:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
waltonrp AT gmail.com writes:

> >Yankee
> Bush who somehow ended up with a Southern accent.

Somehow ended up?? He was governor of Texas, lived in Texas since early
childhood, raised in Houston, and did his military service in the Texas Air
National Guard. I think we have evindence enough that he was exposed to
Southern
speech along the way.

His accent is Texan, not Yankee.

>> And James, Obama's Yankee accent and pronunciation does not him an
> elitist make.

Doesn't matter. The same as souless Yankees view Southerners as dull or slow
because of their speech, get annoyed at the pronunciation of such words as
'nuclear' , just like that Obama's accent makes him sound elitist.

I don't do TV but have the radio going in the shop a lot of the time. So far
I've heard one spot that repeats about ever seven minutes from Obama. It's a
ridiculous bit about, "I know you miserable, toothless, backwoods, throwbacks
are clinging to your your guns a religion but I just wanted to tell you that
if you are conserned about gun rights, McCain and I both equally defend the
2nd amendment. But what about jobs? I will make sure you have jobs but
McCain
is against you having a job."

Yes, it's a paraphrase but speaking in a elitist voice and talking down to us
rubes, that's exactly the way it sounds. </HTML>