homestead - Re: [Homestead] Take cash from bank / Roubini

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Take cash from bank / Roubini
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:42:48 -0400

I have a question. Most of you have a better understanding of money than me.

I don't have a lot of savings. Most everything went into this
homestead. I work off the place to pay for what I need and to save for
when I need it (when I can't work anymore). I have a small 401k that I
could not roll over to the state job I have. I kept it with the
previous employers fund and it's invested pretty conservatively.

What happens to that in this mess?

I've thought about cashing it in, paying the penalty and putting it in
something other than cash. Gold?

I'd take a big hit to cash it in, but if this turns out to be really
bad, I assume it could be lost.

Rob - Va