homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:42:34 -0400

> Palin was the one who brought religion into it. She asked people to pray
> to achieve "God's will" and get the pipeline built. The Iraq war is "a
> task from God". Well gosh...what kind of heathen pinko would argue
> against "God's will"? You can hear the words come from her own mouth:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_VduCWhzM
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ypVSYoEKA&feature=related

Lynn, that's where we started on this thread. I'm glad you brought it
back up. I respect her for having religious beliefs and having the
guts to stick to them in the public arena. That is a plus for her.

What scares me is when she makes calls on what is Gods Will. I would
hesitate for my priest to tell me what is or is not God's Will let
alone a politician.

Lots and lots of people will fall behind her for this, though. And you
are right, when she is in Washington, those who oppose her will be the
nonbelievers, those who are destined for hell. Her longtime pastor
questions whether those who voted for Kerry in 2004 will get to
heaven.

Rob - Va