homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:38:13 -0700 (PDT)

I can't watch you tube because of dial up, but I have seen the speech on TV..
You ask what kind of heathen pinko would argue with God's will.  I suppose it
all depends on who is saying that something is God's will as to who will
argue.  There are Arabs who declare that, Allah Willing, Obama will be the
next president..  There are plenty, PLENTY of Christians and Jews who believe
it is God's will that a black man become POTUS...who is to argue that?
And Ray, Don, et al, here is an even more radical thought.  What if God is
the same as Allah and he doesn't give a shit as to what we think his will
is...lol..mankind and womankind use religion as a tool to motivate people to
change.  Palin did it with her speech, Obama did it too.  From Wiki:

In the book(Audacity of Hope), Obama explains how, through working with black
churches
as a community organizer while in his twenties, he came to understand
"the power of the African-American religious tradition to spur social
change."

 Palin and Obama are close to the same age, same generation.  Each has used
their personal beliefs to achieve their own ends.  In the eyes of some, Palin
may be a member of an extremist church(I believe extremist was the term Don
used, if not, sorry), but the same can be said for Obama.  I have no clue as
to what McCain's beliefs are, but I did read that Biden is in trouble with
the Catholic church because of his liberal Democratic beliefs.  Like most, he
is probably Catholic when it serves his need, and tosses the catechism when
it isn't popular.  I probably shouldn't have said that because I don't know,
but I think most politicians use religion when they think it will make a
difference and get them elected or give them more power.

Akka