homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:03:11 EDT

> >My conclusion is that seeing that as many as possible survive what is
> coming should be our focus.

My conclusion is seeing that my family will survive and screw the rest of
you. I (many of us here) have stood at the door of the ark for years
predicting
the rainstorm and gone unheeded.

I am a global warming infidel. The clincher came when Warmists began cutting
everyone off with "Enough, we've debated it long enough, the evidence is rock
solid overwhelming that global warming is man-make." This was about the time
the so many scientists started recanting their support of the notion.

And it doesn't matter,. the Warmists said the if we did not act decisively in
2005, it would be irreversalbe and could not be stopped. Fine. It's well
past that so now it's too late, right?

On the other hand I am an Oil Peakist. In that same year, 2005, the world
reached maximum oil output and it has not risen above that since. By
definition
that's a peak unless something happens to make it not a peak, like producing
significanly more oil.

As someone pointed out, people are NOT going to switch off the lights, unplug
the AC, and bicycle to work. They also are NOT going to plant gardens or
build soil fertility. Keeping that in mind, do whatever puts you personally
and
your family in the best situation in the circumstances your particular Tale
of
Doom says is coming.

James </HTML>