homestead - Re: [Homestead] I got a truck

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I got a truck
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:59:16 -0700

At 9/7/2008 12:29 PM,Roy Morgan wrote:

Any advice on parts sources for the Ford would be welcome. (I notice
it has TWO monster batteries. I shudder at replacing them when the
time comes. They seem to have blankets around them. What's with
that? I saw no house current heater plug in cord.)

Also, it came with no manual. What do folks suggest I get? I wonder
if a polite email to Ford would bring me something free. They are
still in business, aren't they?

Roy

Heater blankets for the batteries & I'll bet you'll find some sort of block heater too. Needed in cold weather. I knew a guy in MN who never used his diesel tractor in the winter, just too hard to start. He had a gas tractor for the winter.

Good luck with the owners manual from Ford, I found one on line for my Vanagon, I bought one off E-bay for my daughters Saturn and sometimes you can find them at wrecking yards.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net