homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dream Fulfilled?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dream Fulfilled?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:05:33 -0700 (PDT)

In your example, you are correct. I'm saying that it is all about numbers.
Obama already has the numbers in registered democrats. He should win easily.
Democrats always have a gender edge with women and women make up more than
50% of the vote.

He has more registered democrats than there are registered republicans, he
has the gender numbers , because more women than men vote. He has
practically one hundred percent of the black vote.

If you do the numbers, for the electoral votes, the only way he can lose
(that I can figure) is if white democrats vote for Mccain. voting for the
green party is not the same as voting for mccain.

This is especially significant in the 'battleground' states like Michigan and
Pennsylvania. Democrats far outnumber republicans and women outnumber men

I'm not saying this is the outcome I expect. I expect Obama to win
handily. But, if he loses, hidden racism among white democrats is the
only logical reason.

**** I have worked on two victorious gubernatorial campaigns, and did a stint
working for a sitting U.S. Senator. One thing I remember is that if you can
get someone to donate even a dollar, they are usually yours for life.

Most people are overlooking the significance of the hundreds of thousands of
small donations Obama received in the primary. The money, there, really
isn't the point. Obama is being funded and presented by the bankers and
other wizards that always sit behind the scene. But, he can count on those
people who donated money, in any amount, to vote for him.

I don't see how he can lose, other that what I stated before. Of course,
this is just my opinion.....bobford