homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dream Fulfilled?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dream Fulfilled?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:40:51 -0800

No, he can't count on those folks voting. Historically, folks who join the "party" atmosphere and who are young, have an inclination to stop participating just short of the finish line. That was fun, the caucases were fun, sending in $5 through YouTube was fun. One big party.

Folks over 50 and, in particular, those over 60 are the most likely to vote.

He's counting on a voting block that generally doesn't make it to the actual voting booth in large numbers which is the only place that counts. They can go to caucases and send in their $5 through YouTube till The Eagles get back together again and it doesn't mean prunes.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

In your example, you are correct. I'm saying that it is all about numbers. Obama already has the numbers in registered democrats. He should win easily. Democrats always have a gender edge with women and women make up more than 50% of the vote.

He has more registered democrats than there are registered republicans, he
has the gender numbers , because more women than men vote. He has practically one hundred percent of the black vote.

If you do the numbers, for the electoral votes, the only way he can lose (that I can figure) is if white democrats vote for Mccain. voting for the green party is not the same as voting for mccain.

This is especially significant in the 'battleground' states like Michigan and Pennsylvania. Democrats far outnumber republicans and women outnumber men

I'm not saying this is the outcome I expect. I expect Obama to win handily. But, if he loses, hidden racism among white democrats is the
only logical reason.

**** I have worked on two victorious gubernatorial campaigns, and did a stint working for a sitting U.S. Senator. One thing I remember is that if you can get someone to donate even a dollar, they are usually yours for life.

Most people are overlooking the significance of the hundreds of thousands of small donations Obama received in the primary. The money, there, really isn't the point. Obama is being funded and presented by the bankers and other wizards that always sit behind the scene. But, he can count on those people who donated money, in any amount, to vote for him.

I don't see how he can lose, other that what I stated before. Of course, this is just my opinion.....bobford