homestead - Re: [Homestead] the future of abortion, was MCcain got the girl

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] the future of abortion, was MCcain got the girl
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:21:59 -0500

> Obama mentioned something the other night about how we can come
> together on issues like this. For instance, whether people are pro or
> anti choice, lessening the amount of abortions should be a high
> priority.
>
> I think that we are going to hear more politicians take this middle of
> the road approach. At least on one level it makes sense.

It makes a lot of sense which is why politicians do not like it. Several
people have tried to reduce the number of pregnancies by better availability
of birth control but as soon as they try the conservatives start hollering
about abstinence. They do not really care about abortion or birth control,
they just do not like the idea of women having pleasure.

Don Bowen KI6DIU