homestead - Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief-oil

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief-oil
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:39:59 -0400

Speaking of oil and rape<g>
I went to the doc this afternoon, an hour drive south. On the way there, I noticed that I was low on gas. I passed a Racetrak and gas was $3.41, and then a Chevron where gas was $3.45, the lowest gas has been in forever that I have seen. I think I paid about $3.60 at last fill-up. I don't like making left turns across traffic, so I decided to hit the station on the way home-I calculated that I had enough to make it back. It was about 1:30 when I passed the station.
So I go to the doc, then on to the lab. They got me through quickly, but as I sat in the lab waiting room, I watched CNN report that oil would be going up based on the evacuations of the rigs out in the Gulf. I thought, "it figures".
On the way back, by now it is about 3:30, and as I pull into the Chevron, I noticed the sign and almost passed out. It was back up to $3.59!!!! That's fourteen cents in two hours based on a speculation that the hurricane will damage operations!!!
That was down in Adairsville, GA, on old US Hwy 41...

Rob wrote:

Rob,
shaking my head in disbelief that anyone would do anything to support the oil boys after the last 7 years of rape and pillage.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky