homestead - Re: [Homestead] Meat

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Meat
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 13:05:05 -0400

> Well, obviously your neighbors haven't taken on the full mantel of veganism!
> Be glad. Those folks are militant and nuts.

Agreed, I think that their religious beliefs call for tolerism, so
they have to put up with me. I also think that the husband would like
to come by here and eat to sneak some meat.

I had a friend in Fl, who was per his wife a kosher Jew. She really
cracked the whip in him. He'd come by all the office holiday parties
to eat ham. He just loved it that much. Poor guy.

I think that the miltant vegans and even the just "better than thou"
light vegetarians that tout animal rights need to realize all the ways
that they indirectly affect animals.

On the other hand, the vast meat eating majority that would rather
look the other way and believe that adding "natural" or "organic" to
the label somehow releases them from blame are just as bad.

Rob - Va