homestead - Re: [Homestead] Joe'Porter's view

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Joe'Porter's view
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 05:41:36 -0500

On Jul 20, 2008, at 9:30 PM, jmroll AT bellsouth.net wrote:

This is very well written and I recommend everyone take a little
time to read this entire write-up. You won't be disappointed!

Dear Friends: My name is Joe Porter. I live in Champaign, Illinois. I'm
46 years old, a born-again Christian, a husband, a father, a small
business owner, a veteran, and a homeowner. I don't considerable myself to be
either conservative or liberal, and I vote for the person, not Republican
or Democrat. . . .

I want a President who's qualified to lead.

I want my country back, and I'm voting for John McCain.

Joe Porter

Good for Joe. I think he is mistaken about many things; I think he has been reeled in by a lot of slimy baloney about Obama, but I support his right to vote as he believes he should.

I think John McCain is not qualified to lead the Senate, much less the country--he has been there a long time and has not done so. I don't think his mental capacities are up to the job. I think spending years in a brutal prison shows a stoic fortitude that is commendable. I think he deserves sympathy for what he endured. I think he has received that sympathy for decades. Stoicism is good for getting through ugly prison conditions. It is not qualification to leading a country in a very complicated world.