homestead - Re: [Homestead] solar tube question

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] solar tube question
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:12:36 -0400

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:20 PM, deb <stufunlimited AT sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I live in a huge hardwood forrest, don't want to cut the trees and have
> sooo many deer that growing veggies outside is almost impossible. I do have
> a clear spot over my house that gets sun

Deb, this year we're plagued by deer ourselves. I hope my second planting of
beans survives. But the deer are jumping our fence and getting in the garden
which begins some 25' from the house.

My thoughts pertaining to your situation are wondering if the deer come up
to your door to borrow sugar and eat the non-deer resistant plants, or do
you have a safe zone of several feet around your house?

If it seems that you have a safe area, you could try a raised bed near or
alongside your house or perhaps container gardening. After this summer, I'm
threatening to pot up my green pepper plants and put them on my deck!

Good luck.

Lisa