homestead - Re: [Homestead] Got a plan?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Got a plan?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:40:02 -0500

On Jul 9, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

. . . my 'heated greenhouse' was more
work than it was worth, but left unheated, all the passive solar features I
put in raise the climate zone a couple numbers year round and gives me
another 2-3 months of growing season. It's like having a small patch of
Georgia (or at least the Carolinas) on my frozen northern farm. And figs
(one of the things I love that won't grow here) LOVE my greenhouse...I've
got a fig plantation growing along the north wall, right up to the ridge.

Lynn, how tall do the figs grow?