homestead - Re: [Homestead] Floods

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Floods
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:05:12 EDT

> > Gene's instead, huh...Then might I suggest typhoid and cholora
> > vacs to compliment the tetanus. ....Travel well....bobford
>
> Think alcohol. Really good-tasting alcohol. Front porch therapy.

--------------------------------

"Let your quacks and newspapers be cutting their capers
About curing the vapors the scratch and the gout
With their medical potions, their serums and their lotions
Upholding their notions, they're mighty put out.

Who can tell the true physic to all that's pathetic
And pitch to the devil, cramp, colic and spleen
You'll know it I think if you take a big drink
With your mouth to the brink of a jug of poteen

So stick to the cratur' the best thing in nature
For sinking your sorrows and raising your joys
Oh what botheration, no dose in the nation
Can give consolation like poteen me boys."

(from Andy M. Stewart 'Humors of Whiskey') </HTML>