homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walnuts, living with

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walnuts, living with
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 16:16:43 -0400

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
wrote:

> Within 100 ft (will have to measure, may be as few as 60'?) is a small
> black walnut tree the former owner had planted.

Well this is embarrassing, went out to measure the distance in paces to
remember that husband whacked off the tree last year b/c we didn't care for
it and it was scrawny and seemed to us in a strange place. Oh gosh, I'm
human again. Has happened often this last week.

> Had just sent photos to a friend with a large old apple orchard in Vermont,
> so he could hopefully diagnose our tree's problem. It's so old and beautiful
> (and will bear lots of apples this year), we hope to save it.

Back to square one. Argh.

lkvp