homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wind & solar power

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wind & solar power
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:10:47 EDT

This begins a thread that I will be paying close attention to (I know, I
know...no prepositions). Wind is SUCH a factor here. Travelers on the I-40
and
the I-15 are well aware (there's Don again).

It has been brought up at community meetings - on and off - for many years.
The BLM has been long-term leasing land 'round these parts to several
corporations that are researching wind energy. Picture Tehachapi and Palm
Springs.
Pros and cons. And of course, in this part of the country, solar is an old
story. I figure the reason it's never been implemented is that they've (the
ignominious THEY) never been able to figure out how to tax it.

I think the BLM is just a whole lot more bizzy, bizzy in this part of the
country than where you are, Lisa, so their factoids and stuff might be of
little
help...but, there's always the USGS. I think they've got information, too.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.