homestead - [Homestead] Wind & solar power

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Wind & solar power
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:50:44 -0400

Do any of you use wind power to heat your homes or as a supplement to
electric, gas or solar power?

I'm just beginning to look into and research wind power, we'd like to
install a system as back-up for power outages and perhaps build on that down
the road into a system to replace electricity.

Wondering what you folks think about wind power v. solar. I checked the wind
map, we live in an area that receives enough wind (I think - need to
doublecheck) to generate power.

lkvp