homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walnut catkins uncertainty

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walnut catkins uncertainty
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:46:12 -0400

On May 29, 2008, at 11:03 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:
My mother and I transplanted many trees, some of impressive size.

Marie and all:

Yesterday with the small binoculars, I spotted catkins on the black walnut trees.

We don't have a spring and summer to cut tap roots, but there are some small trees here (3 to 4 feet tall) which I hope to get to the bottom of, so to speak.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180