homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walnut catkins uncertainty

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walnut catkins uncertainty
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:14:35 -0500

On May 28, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Roy Morgan wrote:

Oh, I forgot to report that I can count at least 3 or 4 little walnut
tree volunteers here - most under 6 feet tall. I hope to dig some of
them up to get a head start at the new place.

Let us know how that turns out. Some trees are hard to transplant as they quickly put down a tap root and if that is broken the tree tends to die or be puny.