homestead - Re: [Homestead] the homestead kitchen-what would you design?

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] the homestead kitchen-what would you design?
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:27:25 -0400

On May 14, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Lynda wrote:
Oh, and the one thing I would do different is to put in a single sink
instead of a double. If I find one on freecycle or cheap on Craig's List,
this new double sink is going bye bye!...

I am designing and redesigning ideas in my head for my new kitchen.

I'll be head carpenter, plumber, and electrician for all these ideas you folks are contributing.. and I want to say THANKS A LOT for them. More than one person who's lived through a kitchen overhaul has then walked into someone else's place and exclaimed.."Now why didn't WE do that!"

Two good things about the new place kitchen project are: there is plenty of room to work with, and I can get at things from below in the cellar. The current house kitchen is over a crawl space. That was not fun when the pipes froze and split two winters ago.

Also, the new house kitchen is, to be sort of polite, not so nice that we'd be tempted to just live with it. hehehe

One idea I had last night is to put the current L counter on wheels so we can move it around to try different configurations. (It has no plumbing or electric in it.)

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180