homestead - Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 23:57:20 -0500

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> The folks pushing these electric cars never cease
> to amaze me. Ah, what are they going to do with all the used batteries AND
> we really need a bigger draw on the electric producing capacity of this
> country. Plus a promise of several hundred million for Michigan car
> manufacturers.

Other countries have made great advances in using solar power to
produce electricity. Germany, for example, now has solar units on the
roofs of many houses (source: a guy who went to Germany and saw them).
If we were a smart country, we'd be figuring out how to produce
batteries to store electricity and recycle them when they wear out.

It's my understanding that Germany avoided building several nuclear
power plants by collecting solar energy. Nothing we do is going to be
waste free, but we need to figure out what's going to work without
scorching the planet.

So, Lynda, what's your solution? You've made clear that you don't like
the Democrats. What is it you see in Senator McCain. Or do you just
want to say, A pox on all your houses, and then feel smug?

Marie