homestead - Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?

  • From: tom <tom AT honeychrome.com>
  • To: don.bowen AT earthlink.net
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:58:13 -0400

<<Bill McKibben is one of the many authors I regularly read. I recently
finished his most recent book "Deep Economy." His ideas are well worth
considering.

I just started on Kevin Phillips newest book "Bad Money." He is taking us
to task for out huge debt both public and private.

Don Bowen KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/Journal.html>>

Have you read Howard Odum's The Prosperous Way Down?

Odum was a systems ecologist who worked and wrote with his wife on issues of sustainability and energy-systems modellling in the 80s and 90s- I'm sure McKibben read and was influenced by him. Dry and not as eloquent as McKibben and others, but pretty compelling.

There is a brief synopsis of the above book here (http:// www.energybulletin.net/3813.html), but the whole book is worth a read.